Sunday 9 March 2014

My Makeup Products: February


It's always difficult standing in the makup section with two different brands in your hand and having to decide which one to buy. We all know what the advertisements say, but are they as good as they make out to be?


At the end of every month I will post the makeup products I mainly used, and give a brief overview on them. Here's a collection of my main essentials from February. 

1. Lucas' Pawpaw Ointment: A well known favorite for many! I love my pawpaw ointment! It is one product that never leaves my handbag. A perfect moisturizer to keep your lips soft. It is also great for dry lips, cuts, burns, sunburn, and even for nappy rash.

2. Revlon Photoready Eyeshadow - Impressionist #505: I have never liked brown eye shadow. I always stuck to silvers, golds and black because I felt brown was too plain and didn't suit me. Well that was until this little compact came into my life. These 5 eyeshadows are a flawless combination when blended together the right way, and give your eyes a soft shimmer finish. Ever since I started to use them I haven't used any other type of eyeshadow. I highly recommend this amazing product to anyone looking for a beige, brown and goldy mix of eyeshadows. 

3. Estée Lauder Double Wear Concealer: I sometimes can't tell if some brands have just put a small sample of a foundation into a concealer bottle and labeled it for the extra $$, but Estée Lauder has proved me wrong with this one. Flawless coverage and long lasting, this gets an A++ in my books. A small portion goes a long way so only dab lightly where needed. I can definitely say you will be seeing this one in my makeup case for a very long time, I'm not looking to change my concealer anytime soon. 

4. Maybelline Volum' Express The Mega Plush Mascara: I am very fussy when it comes to mascaras, I don't have very long eye lashes so I look for something that will make them appear longer and fuller. It glides on smoothly, however it doesn't give me much of a thicker/fuller look that I am after. It seperates them nicely and doesn't clump together which is a positive. A hate of mine is flaky mascara, when it basically chips off and leaves little black particles under your eyes, so far after a month of wearing this it hasn't flaked at all. My eyelashes do seem to look a bit longer when it is used but not dramatically. Overall it's a nice mascara but I wouldn't say that it completely lives up to its name. Although mascara does appear differently on different types of eyelashes.

5. Revlon Colorburst Lipstick #096 Petal: A nice subtle shade of pink to wear any day of the week. The Colorburst lipstick contains a special formula to keep your lips moisturized and soft, and to also feel weightless on your lips. I have to re apply a few times during the day (after eating/drinking or after a few hours). I keep this in my handbag to apply whenever I need a bit of colour. 

6. Napolean Perdis China Doll Gel Liner: I don't like pencil eyeliners, and I don't have the time to mess around with liquid eyeliners so gel is definitely my preference. I apply this in the morning and after a full day of wear it hasn't smudged or rubbed off at all. Just be careful applying it because it is a bit of a struggle to fix up your mistakes.

7. Covergirl Outlast Stay Brilliant Nail Gloss: A gorgeous range of Nailpolish that is meant to be a long lasting, 7day chip proof colour with a gloss finish. I fell in love with the colour instantly, and it definitely has an amazing gloss finish that makes you feel as though you have had a professional manicure. However for the chip proof, longlasting side of the deal, it didn't last as long as I had hoped. Although with the quality of color and gloss it provides I will continue to use this particular Nailpolish. 

8. Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Nail Polish #545: One thing I love about this nail polish is the thick brush, it allows a quick easy application process that we all look for when painting our nails. This particular colour is the perfect orange when it comes to nail polishes, it isn't to light or dark, it's a gorgeous bright shade. The downside is that I have found it to chip quite easily especialy when not used with a top coat, it also slightly stained my nails. I'd recommend using a base coat when wearing darker shades. 

No comments:

Post a Comment